Monday, October 16, 2006

Are we There Yet?

Well to the faithful 3 or 5 readers here is my post update!
I was able to finally firm my babysitter for the Friday departure to the coast scrapbook getaway. In spite of my GLASS BEING HALF EMPTY attitude leading up to this. I was on my way Friday after noon for a weekend. Yeah, you heard it a WEEKEND of scrapping and relaxing.
Motivated by my deep desire to sleep in past 6:30 am, not having to share my dinner and a chance to finish my dreaded childhood album. This, spurred on by the phone ringing, several times, reminding me that I was indeed just a few moments from the boy noise around me.. hehehe

We went to Pacific City and the weather was pleasant, cool, misty, cloudy coast weather. I love the coast when it is stormy. Crazy, I know.. I had no guilt for not walking on the beach everyday and just enjoying the chatter of other ladies. Not only did I complete my album project, finish my first book of the fall into reading and finish (minus the side seaming) the cute red tank. I enjoyed just hanging out.

Gasp!!! I found I enjoy other things besides laundry, cleaning and dishes..

I made a new friend. Can you believe it. I have someone else to annoy with my I CAN'T BELIEVE HE DID THAT moments.

Well I will close with a few highlights from the weekend:
We were given a forced tour of the Tillamook Cheese Factory.. Inside jokes flew with this event.. Anyway after a rather disgusting video of how the cheese is strung into spaghetti like strands. We were fascinated by the cutting and wrapping of the cheese. Ending our tour with the tasting of the squeaky cheese. Cheese curds are something else. I don't think I will love them like some people I know..

We arrived at the beach house in time to enjoy a full evening of scrapping and reading. Of course a little bit of KNITTING.

After a nice relaxing weekend and reuniting one of the scrappers with her family we were blessed with a 5 1/2 hour trip home.. I am not sure if this is a completely accurate time frame but we hit every traffic issue between Lincoln City and Troutdale. I will leave out all the other details to painful to recall, like the potty stop at a local McDonalds. This was the only downer of our trip. If it were not for the leg cramps and bladder problems. It may have been more enjoyable.

That said I am actually looking forward to the possibility of NEXT YEAR!!!

1 comment:

LavenderSheep said...

It sounds like you had a good trip. It's good to get out every now and then. You know Sarah was at the coast this weekend too.