It was the day after, after Christmas!!
I am happy to report that we had a nice quiet Christmas Day. Well, if you can call a house full of boys and a husband quiet. Add to that the new toy DAD received and the whole quiet concept may not even apply. hehehe.
We were able to just stay home this year and do a very simple Christmas. The in-laws came here for a morning of presents and breakfast and then dashed up to spend the afternoon with the other grand kids.
Then we busted out the new video game ROCK BAND. It was so funny to watch all my boys try to be rock stars.. Not exactly the most user friendly game for this crew. But they have had a great time figuring it out.
I have to toot my own rock star persona... I was rocking for about 1/2 of "SLOW RIDE" hehehe.. Ahh the things I will try to fit in with my boys. Crash and bomb MOM.. That's me.
This Christmas knitting marathon went on successfully and mostly without photos. My camera is still full from the first half of the year photos. I will be taking care of that tonight. Transferring pics and videos so I can reveal the FINISHED HUBBY SWEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blog land does not give many options for adding enthusiasm to your posts. This is a monumental moment. I finished weaving in the ends on Christmas Eve. I had to force the dear man to wear it home. He had a long sleeve shirt on and it was hot in the car.. But it fit. I need to block it but I can happily and guilt free move on to another project.
I finished (7) Keep it Simple Knitted Hats in various colors- Love that it is knit on size 17 needles with Lana Grande yarn. It maybe took 30 mins per hat.
(1) Ann Norling Spiral Rib Hat- on size 10 needles with Cascade Pastaza in Black and Nashua Ivy held together. This is a fun pattern once it gets going. I had a little trouble trusting the pattern.
(2) Earflap Hats- Out of Alpaca Grande. These were for a friend but I heart the feel of the Alpaca Grand it was soooooooooooooo soft.
(2) Ann Norling Head Huggers- For my boys.. Out of Teseo of course.
(1) Adult pair of felted slippers
(1) Kid pair of felted slippers.
(1) Hubby Sweater
(1) Custom pattern earflap hat. (photo coming soon)
(1) Sewing cowboy project (photo to come)
(1) project bag (sewn)
(3) pairs of fixation socks (1 was finished by Thanksgiving)
(1) cabled headband
(2) pairs of fingerless mits
Dozens of batches of jam and cookies topped off our holiday madness. I have to say it would be much easier if I started all of this earlier. But not a bad month of work I suppose.
Hope you all had a great holiday and many New Years Blessings to all of you. I think I have discovered what a group of great friends can add to life this past year.. I hope to be a better friend to all of them this coming year..