Sunday, March 30, 2008

Photo Session!



 

 

 

 


Ok so I can't see what picture is what so I will list as many Thank You's as I can. It has come to my attention that Landon is blessed with lots of talented Aunties. He has quite a hand knit/handmade gift collection going already.

The quilted blanket is curtosey of Auntie Cheryl (aka Dreamtime Blankies) I will post more info as her new business takes off. This is lined with satin and has the ohhh soooooooo soft minky squares in it too. I love it! It will be hard to share. hehehee.

The little blue giraffe was a test knit for Nichole at knotanotherhat.com. I discovered that I am not the best test knitter. I sort of forget half way through the project that I am testing a pattern and start to do my own thing. I have to say that this pattern went pretty quickly considering it was completely made up as she went. Love the finsihed product. This will be one of the stuffed he MUST TREASURE FOREVER. The pattern is carried at knot another hat.

Then the ultimate baby blanket. The Knot Another Hat Aunties whipped up this surprise for Wee Whitaker. I can't express what this meant to me. I have discovered so many things about friendship over the past 2 years. One of them being Knitters are among the most giving people I have come to know. These ladies have become more and more like family over the last couple of years. This blanket is a testimony to that. Thanks Sarah, Nichole, Jill, Yvonne, Clair, Stacy, Shannon. I hope I did not forget anyone. You truly surprised me. I had know idea.

Landon is also sporting a pair of the smallest socks I have ever seen. Knit up courtsey of Sarah. Because my Wee little man has the longest little feet I have seen on a baby they will not fit him for long. So he is wearing them every chance he gets until he out grows them. hehehee.. Thanks Sarah.

The top picture is a bad picture of the dishcloth pattern blanket from Auntie Wendy. I love the color combo in this blanket it is just so happy.
Also from auntie Wendy was the yarn to make this little newborn hat. Of all the hats we knit up before he arrived none were small enough to fit him so I started and finished this in one sleepless evening. Love the Cascade Pima Tencel yarn it is so soft knit up.

Well that is all for today. I will get some photos of my sock busting obession that has taken root this month. I do believe at last count as of Feb 29th-Today I have completed 3 ankelets pairs, 2 pairs of pedicure socks , 1 pair of regular socks, 3 pairs of kid socks and have 1 pair of socks for me in process and a replacement pair 1/2 done for Cole. His original pair felted a bit in the wash and no longer fit.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LavenderSheep said...

Oh! He is such a cutie! You family is very blessed!

Mokihana said...

Wow, the aunties did lovely work. What treasures! And the best treasure is Landon.

Love the Po'okela in the name, too!