Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day!

Well I have been putting off an update until I had all my stuff together. Again that did not happen. hehheeh.. So I will post another photo free blog post. Sorry.

We have had a few new developements at housefullofboys (AKA the Whitaker house).
A few weeks ago after our hawaii family visted I was feeling a bit under the weather lots of headaches that turned into migraines. Headaches have been a part of my life for a while now. So I didn't think much of it. But when I started the extreme sleepy, nausea and vomiting. I began to suspect it was more than a month long hang over..

With a busy house of boys. I tend to get a little overwhelmed with daily household responsibilities. So I figured stress. Hahahahhaha.
After being forced into the bathroom with a home pregnancy test (yes forced, by my hubby). I waited a few extra minutes. I truly was shocked that the test was POSITIVE.... When my husband started knocking on the door saying WELLLLLLLLLLL!! What does it say? I just opened the door handed him the test and sat down to finish knitting the bday gift socks I had been working on.

He is so excited to be adding a new little one to the crew. We are not sure exact due dates yet but we are thinking by mid-march baby number 5 should be on scene.
Funny how things have a way of sneaking up on you...

This news was followed by the news that Austyn's homeschool turtoring group ( he adored) was not going to financially be able to stay open. That completely changed out school plans. We had intended to send Austyn full time this year so I would only have 2 at home full time homeschooling. Soooooooo.. To make a long story short we have decided to put the 3 kids into a local private school for the year.

Note to anyone: Don't make a life changing school decision the weekend before school starts. Top three reasons..
1. You have to shop WITH the kids.
2. The stores are out of half the items you need anyway.
3. It costs a whole lot more all at once.. hehhee

After a sugar induced adventure to Walmart at 5pm at night. We spent our first investment for the year. Ughhh.. Came home to double check the lists and had to return yesterday for the essentials like TP, toothpaste, bread, milk and cereal.

It hit me yesterday that the one downside to not homeschooling was that I have to wake up and make breakfast at 6:30am instead of 8am. We will be adjusting for the next couple weeks.

I will post tomorrow. I would take a picture of my crying mommy moment, but how do ask someone to photograph that.. heheheh..

So highlights of the summer to follow. Stay tuned for more baby info..

4 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats!!! Even if I had to read it on you blog instead of hearing it in person.

routy

LavenderSheep said...

Congratulations! So, does the 5th baby get a baby shower? Should I be knitting? or does that just go without saying =P

Anonymous said...

I am hoping for a girl! I'm so happy for you! However... um... you'd have to change the name of your blog, yeah? I bet you caught it from Sara. Heh heh.

Think pink!

sarah / knot another hat said...

A HUGE congratulations to you, my dear!!! I am sending positive, calming thoughts your way as you go through all these big changes. How was the first day of school?????